Frequently Asked Questions
Q) What are the salient features of Mid-Market ERP?
A) Mid-Market ERP is an integrated and affordable business management solution that provides a unified view of the entire organization. It is easy to use, quicker to implement and is competitively priced compared to other ERP solutions.
Q) What is the difference between the Mid-Market ERP and mySAP Business Suite (R3)?
A) mySAP Business Suite is the enterprise solution for large organizations with varied levels of complexity in their business processes and information requirements. Mid-Market ERP, on the contrary, is catered specifically to meet the needs of the small and medium-sized businesses. It is simple to implement and offers short payback period and good return on investment to reap the benefits of increased profitability in little time.
Q) Can Mid-Market ERP be integrated with mySAP Business Suite?
A) Yes. In fact, this product is ideal for companies which have mySAP Business Suite implemented at their headquarter or larger subsidiaries and they need complete integration with their smaller subsidiaries. Where previously they could not justify rolling out mySAP Business Suite to these subsidiaries, they can now opt for Mid-Market ERP and achieve complete integration across the group, while being able to justify it financially.
Q) Can Mid-Market ERP handle more than one company?
A) Yes. In fact, Mid-Market ERP is a multi-company business solution.
Q) Can Mid-Market ERP handle more than one currency?
A) Yes, Mid-Market ERP is a multi-currency business solution. It can have different currencies for vendors and customers and it performs conversions and translations automatically on all transactions.
Q) What types of user licenses are offered?
A) The licensing is based on Named Users.
Q) How many modules does the Mid-Market ERP have?
A) Mid-Market ERP includes the following modules with the main functionality contained in each:
- Financials Chart of Accounts, Journal Entries, Multi-currency, Recurrent Transactions, Budgets, Cost Centers, Payables, Receivables, Fixed Assets and Financial Reporting
Customer Relationship Management
- Sales opportunities, lead management, opportunities pipeline management and dynamic reporting, analyses by sales person, product and customer / lead
- MS Outlook integration to record all interactions and activities related to customer / lead
- Supply Chain Management
- Sales quotations, sales orders, deliveries, returns, invoices, installments, reserved invoices, credit memos and dunning
- Purchasing purchase orders, receipts, returns, payable invoices and landed costs
- Inventory item master, multiple warehouses, batch management, serial number management, receipts, issues, transfers, physical counts, revaluations, multiple price lists and discount groups
- Production Multi-level Bills of Material, Production Orders, Issues to Production, Receipts from Production and Variance Analysis
- Procurement and production planning based on existing stocks, min-max levels, lead times, sales forecasts, production orders and purchase orders
- Simulation and actual scenarios
- Auto-creation of required production and purchase orders
- Material Requirements Planning
- Banking Incoming Payments, Deposits, Outgoing Payments, Postdated Checks, Bank Reconciliation and Automated Check Printing
- Service After Sales Service based on Warranty and Maintenance Contracts, Service Call Logging and Tracking and Performance Analysis
- Human Resources Employee Master Information maintenance and reporting
- Reporting Standard Reports with Drill-down to Source Documents, Drag & Relate for Ad-hoc Reporting and XL Reporter for sophisticated reporting
Q) Do we have to pay the license fee separately for each module?
A) No. The licensing fee is uniform and you have access to all the modules mentioned earlier upon purchase of licenses. However, the implementation fees may vary, depending on the number of modules you need to implement. In this way, there are no hidden costs and unpleasant surprises.
Q) I have a medium-sized business which I wish to expand at a fast pace. How can Mid-Market ERP help me?
A) The Mid-Market ERP is tailor-made to suit your needs. It will help you streamline your operations, undertake extensive analyses and hence make informed decisions that will complement your business strategy.