The need for improving the governance structure and systems is ever increasing in the developing nations. Abacus has extensive experience in improving the governance mechanism, developing policies and procedures, and enhancing capacity of regional institutions in order to support the long range economic, social and political development. We at Abacus adapt global best practices and apply on local development issues. We have extensive regional experience in working with governments, public sector organizations, NGOs, bi-lateral and multi-lateral developing agencies including, but not limited to, USAID, DfID, CIDA, United Nations, World Bank and ADB.
Although the technical competencies of AbacusConsulting deal with a wide array of developmental issues, Abacus considers the following areas of utmost importance:
- Socio-Economic Development
- For a Socio-Economic plan to be successful, it is essential that people’s needs and requirements be fully understood. With the aim of ensuring higher living standards and by putting people first within the process of sustainable development, Abacus intends to strengthen institutes, maximize impact of public policies and improve the performance of such projects.
- Public Finance and Institutional Capacity Development
- Abacus understands that effective Public Finance Management (PFM) systems maximize financial efficiency, and improve transparency and accountability that contribute to long-term economic success. Abacus’s services on PFM evolved after greater demands for accountability and transparency in the changing economic environment.
- Human Resource Diagnostics
- HR Diagnostics provide a complete picture of an organization's needs. While at one end the TRS Salary Survey tool is used to analyze industry wide compensation data, at the other end the Employee Engagement Survey reflects on a host of issues such as Career Development, Retention, and Organizational Climate factors, all of which have a strong bearing on the overall company performance.
- Corporate Finance Consulting
- Corporate Finance is an integral part of Corporate Consulting services at AbacusConsulting. These services have been provided by Abacus since its inception in 1987, and over the past two and a half decades have grown to address a wide range of financial advisory needs for operating in today’s increasingly complex and competitive corporate environment.
- Change Management
- Our Change Management solutions focus on framing a strategy and action plan for management, which helps in anchoring the process of change and its effective communication throughout the organization. This, we believe, is important for encompassing implementation of agreed strategy and capacity building for long term sustainability.
- Talent Management and Development
- Hiring the correct person for a job is one thing, making sure the new employee is deployed at the most suitable and best possible position is completely a different one. For this very purpose AbacusConsulting provides companies with a detailed analysis on where to assign a particular employee, manage their skill set in the most effective manner, check their performance and growth level, and ensure that they remain a valuable asset.
- Human Capital Strategy
- AbacusConsulting deploys the Strategic Dialogue Process, a workshop based methodology for engaging the client’s entire organization in combining its best hindsight and foresight in aligned action, employing practices that are familiar to managers and strategic planners and in the best interest of stakeholders.
- IT Consulting
- In a globalized world with rapidly shifting economic scenarios with all the risks and opportunities evolving from disruptive technological advancements, we at Abacus assist our clients take effective strategic management decisions. At Abacus Consulting we aim to help clients develop proactive strategies for sustainable competitive advantage over their competitors.