Steel Sector in Pakistan - An Abacus Publication
AbacusConsulting is pleased to announce the issue of its latest research publication – “Steel Sector in Pakistan” –a holistic review of the structure, dynamics, developments and prospects for the domestic steel industry. Key features of the Study include:
- An in-depth analysis of the Pakistan Steel Market, covering sector structure, product range,demand-supply analysis, market growth, as well as major players and stakeholders in the market.
- Demand-side dynamics: identification and analysis of key drivers of demand for steel, pricing levels for select finished products, forecasting of steel consumption, etc.
- Supply-side dynamics: analysis of installed capacity, imports, ship-breaking and scrap recycling, value added production, etc.
- Regulatory framework:tariff and non-tariff protection to local manufacturers, quality standards, comparison with regional players to comment on regulatory practices.
- A comprehensive SWOT analysis on the steel market in Pakistan.
- An overview of the global steel industry, and analysis of production capacities and trends.
Pakistan has an estimated aggregate steel consumption of around 7 million tons per annum in the organized sector. This translates to a per capita consumption of approx. 37 kg, nearly a fifth ofthe global average of 225 kg. Demand for steel is primarily driven by the construction and manufacturing sectors, collectively accounting for over 90% of aggregate steel consumption. Despite key challenges including structural issues as well as dumping of cheap steel from China, we feel that the industry has a positive outlook on the back of anticipated infrastructure development activities. The attached ‘Table of Contents’ provides a detailed outline of the scope of the Report.
The complete Report is available at a list price of PKR 250,000/-* and can be obtained upon payment through cheque, pay order or bank draft drawn on a local commercial bank in favour of Abacus Consulting Technology (Private) Limited, to be couriered to:
Mr. Awais Masood
Abacus House, 4-Noon Avenue
Main Canal, Lahore 54600
Tel: (+92 42) 3588 4981-5 (ext: 298)
Please contact the Abacus Corporate Finance & Strategy ("CFS") team at 042-35884981-5 (ext: 298) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org