Seed Sector of Pakistan - An Abacus Publication
“Seed Sector of Pakistan”, a publication of AbacusConsulting, is now available for sale. Our valued readers can take advantage of this report which presents a comprehensive review of the structure, dynamics, performance and prospects of the domestic seed sector. Key features of the Study include:
- An in-depth analysis of the Pakistan Seed Sector, covering market size, demand analysis, pricing, and scope of research & development activities.
- Performance analysis and future outlook on major crops and related products as a demand driver for the seed sector in Pakistan.
- Supply-side dynamics, covering major sources of domestic seed supply (both the public and private sector in Pakistan), key market players, seed imports, etc.
- Overview of the various rules and regulations governing the seed sector in Pakistan, along with the respective trade associations.
- A comprehensive SWOT analysis on the seed market in Pakistan.
Pakistan’s gross seed requirement is estimated at around 1.677 million tons for the year 2014, translating into an estimated market size of PKR 105 billion. Distribution of certified seed was recorded at 388,780 tons or around 23% of the seed requirement, with the residual demand met either by uncertified seed through the informal sector, or by farmers’ own saved seed from previous seasons. While seed requirement has been reported as constant over the past three years, distribution of certified seed has witnessed a growth in volume of around 7% CAGR over the same period. Despite various challenges including a weak regulatory enforcement mechanism and insufficient R&D, we feel that the sector has a positive outlook on the back of anticipated improvement in production and yield of major food crops, as well as continued interest and support from the Government. The Table of Contents provides a detailed outline of the scope of the Report.
The complete Report is available at a list price of PKR 250,000/-* and can be obtained upon payment through cheque, pay order or bank draft drawn on a local commercial bank in favour of Abacus Consulting Technology (Private) Limited, to be couriered to:
Mr. Awais Masood
Consultant – CFS
Abacus House, 4 – Noon Avenue
Main Canal, Lahore 54600
Tel: (+92 42) 3588 4981-5 (ext: 298)
please contact the Abacus Corporate Finance & Strategy (“CFS”) team at 042-35884981-5 (ext: 298) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Discounts available.