Road Freight Transport Sector of Pakistan - An Abacus Publication
AbacusConsulting is pleased to announce the issue of its research publication – “Road Freight Transport Sector of Pakistan” – a holistic review of the structure, dynamics, developments and prospects for the domestic industry. Key features of the Study include:
- An in-depth analysis of the Freight Services Sector of Pakistan, covering sector structure, load classification and generation patterns, demand-supply analysis, market growth, as well as major players and stakeholders in the market.
- Demand-side dynamics: identification and analysis of key drivers of demand for road freight (including the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) which is to connect Western China with Middle-East and Europe through Pakistan_, pricing level, forecasting of demand (with and without CPEC’s influence within the next ten years)
- Supply-side dynamics: analysis of existing trucking assets (including fleet composition and technology), briefs on major formal sector players in the country as well as pricing
- Regulatory framework and compliance
- A comprehensive SWOT analysis on the road freight services market in Pakistan.
- An overview of the global road freight sector, and analysis of current trends.
The market size of the Road Freight Transport Sector of Pakistan is estimated at 164.2 Million Tons (by tonnage hauled) in FY 2016, recording a CAGR growth of 6.61% over five years from FY 2011- FY 2016. The country has genuine two way load movements and is being serviced by around a quarter of a million trucking assets. Containerized cargo loads form the single largest category of dry cargo loads, and are estimated at around 45 – 50% of the aggregate market for freight in the country. Liquid cargo loads have recorded a higher CAGR of 8% from over the 5 years from FY 2011-FY 2016. The Road Freight Sector of Pakistan is characterized by a high degree of fragmentation and competition. Despite key challenges, we feel that the industry has a positive outlook on the back of anticipated infrastructure development activities, owing to CPEC (a logistics focused regional integration platform). A more detailed 'Table of Contents' may be provided upon request and would help in developing an understanding of the detailed outline of of the Report.
The complete Report is available at a list price of PKR 150,000/-* and can be obtained upon payment through cheque, pay order or bank draft drawn on a local commercial bank in favour of Abacus Consulting Technology (Private) Limited, to be couriered to:
Mr. Nabeel Khan
Consultant – CFS
Abacus House, 4 – Noon Avenue
Main Canal, Lahore 54600
Tel: (+92 42) 3588 4981-5 (ext: 298)
In case of queries, please contact the Abacus Corporate Finance & Strategy (“CFS”) team at 042-35884981-5 (ext: 298) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Discounts available.